I sobbed in heartbreak last month as my favourite restaurant changed its menu and just so happened to get rid of all my most loved dishes.
So, looking for new places to eat, I thought I’d make a list of restaurants to try that have excellent reviews but prices that won’t give me another reason to cry:
- La Cantine du Torchon (Ponsonby) reviews | menu $19.50 Two-course lunch special.
- Gorgeous New York Pizza Bar (Dominion Rd) reviews | menu
- Covo (City) reviews | menu $12 lunch: pasta/pizza + salad/potatoes + coffee/juice; or $10 lunch mains.
- Le Garde-Manger (City) reviews | menu $19.50 Two-course lunch special.
- Zap Thai (City) reviews | menu
- Sri Pinang (City) reviews NZ Herald review
- Delicious Dishes (Dominion Rd) reviews $7-$9.
- Oodle Noodle & Espresso (Mt Eden Rd) reviews | menu
- Maldito Mendez (Ponsonby) reviews | facebook
- The Dominion (Mt Eden Rd) reviews | menu 50% off mains Monday; $15.50 steak Wednesday.
- Revive (City) reviews | menu
- Piko (AUT, City) reviews | menu No longer do dinner.
- Epolito’s New York Style Pizzeria (One Tree Hill) reviews | menu
The foodies at Cheapeats are a great resource! I skipped over a lot of Asian eateries because I’m Asian myself and want to try something different, but check out their reviews.
Anyway, thought I’d share with the Internet in case another uni student can get some use out of my list. Happy eating! :)